About This Program
The College and Career Preparation Department allows for the appropriate match between students and the courses that best fit his or her learning needs and goals. Courses are offered at a variety of instructional levels from basic literacy to high school equivalency to prerequisites for college-level classes.
In each course, reading, writing, math, science, social studies and workforce skills are integrated to provide meaningful application. College and Career Preparation provides students with a variety of support services: placement testing, small class size, tutoring and the use of the Student Writing Center. Your first steps to academic success begin here.
To assist you with these steps, an Adult Basic Education Program (ABE) Tuition Scholarship is available to students who are seeking a high school equivalency diploma. The scholarship is designed to provide public access to adult basic education through College and Career Preparation (CCP) courses. ABE scholarships pay for tuition and fees for qualifying courses and are offered to students meeting eligibility criteria on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, please contact College and Career Preparation Department, Northland Pioneer College, P.O. Box 610, Holbrook, AZ 86025; (800) 266-7845, ext. 6536.
All CCP courses are aligned to the Arizona Adult Education Standards.
Areas of Study
- Adult Literacy – Utilizes the Laubach method to improve reading, writing and vocabulary skills.
- Reading/Writing Applications – Reading and writing study and practice integrated with mathematics, literature, science and social studies.
- Mathematical Applications – Instruction and practice in foundational mathematical skills.
- Workforce Readiness Skills – Provides instruction and practice in three key soft skills areas: Reading for Information; Applied Mathematics; and Locating Information. Includes National Career Readiness certification and WorkKeys assessment.
- GED PREPARATION – Provides courses focused on preparing for the GED and a pre-testing orientation, including the Official GED Practice Tests. CCP staff members analyze practice test results and make recommendations for study and/or testing strategy.
- STUDENT WRITING CENTERS – Provide all students with facilities, equipment and technical assistance for completing college writing assignments and résumés. Access will be granted to NPC students who complete the required lab orientation.
- LEARNING ASSISTANTS – Learning Assistants provide college placement testing and CCP placement. They provide tutoring and learning assistance for CCP students. CCP courses are aligned to the Arizona Adult Education Standards.
- CONTACT THE CCP STAFF – We have staff ready to help you at almost every NPC campus and center!
|Enroll Now||Student Writing Centers|
|Academic Calendar||Delivery Methods|
|Financial Aid & Scholarships||Get Your GED|