Non-exempt, Level T1
HIgh School diploma or GED
- Provide consistent and quality customer service by telephone, email, and in person for all NPC users (students, staff, faculty and administration).
- Remotely support all college users, equipment, and technologies.
- Quickly escalate issues up or down across the three tiered model of support.
- Operate, monitor and record video/audio feeds through the various distance learning systems.
- Assist other employees as needed by providing requested feedback and facilitating any troubleshooting/testing needed.
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance on distance learning equipment.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation including user accounts, maintenance actions, system configuration changes, and classroom recordings.
- Follow all appropriate and applicable laws, restrictions, and procedures related to college information, data, recordings, and work products.
- Complete special projects as they arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competency in operating computer hardware/software and audio/video equipment.
Required License/ Certification
Valid Arizona driver's license.
Security and Trust Requirements: Must not have felony convictions. Must not have any misdemeanor convictions related to fraud, trust, financial or information crimes.
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)