The NPC Student Ambassador Program is a group of outstanding students who are selected to represent the college to prospective students, their families and the community at large. The most qualified and diverse students from a variety of majors are chosen to work together to build on our college's outstanding reputation and bring future Eagles to our campus.
Student Ambassadors represent NPC and its many entities, both on and off campus. They provide campus tours, assist new student's transition to NPC, promote opportunities to be actively involved on campus, and advance the ideals of higher education.
Why should you become a Student Ambassador?
As a Student Ambassador, you will develop a wide range of valuable and highly transferable skills. In today’s world employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service! As a Student Ambassador you will gain leadership skills that will help build your resume and future university scholarship applications. You will have the opportunity to earn letters of recommendation and merit awards or simply get connected to, and serve your college while helping students and the public learn more about Northland Pioneer College.
NPC Student Ambassadors:
- Are positive individuals
- Excellent communicators
- Provide excellent customer service
- Are open to learning new things
- Have a commitment to the success and promotion of NPC
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline and enthusiasm
- Student Ambassador must commit to one academic year (I.E. Fall 2016 semester and Spring 2017 semester)
- Be enrolled as a full time student (12 or more credit hours).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the end of each semester at NPC.
- Must be degree seeking student at NPC
- This is a non-need based award
Accompanying award covers:
- $500 per semester based on participation of 40/semester documented service hours
- Award is non-transferable to another College.
What does a Student Ambassador do?
- Conduct campus/center tours for new students, schools, classes, and guests.
- As assigned, Ambassadors will Represent Northland Pioneer College during on or off campus/center events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by various Northland Pioneer College departments.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Assist with variety of campus /center front office related tasks.
- Attend monthly Student Government Association meetings and required trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Download the Application Packet
Contact: Recruitment and Admissions Office at (928) 536-6271 or send an email.