Applying for Admission to the NPC Nursing Program
You will need to obtain the latest Admission Application Packet from your academic adviser or the Nursing Department office. BEFORE you will be considered eligible to enter the NPC Nursing Program, you must complete the following prerequisites. Successful completion with a "C" grade or better for each class and a cumulative GPA of "B" (3.0) is recommended.
- BIO 181 General Biology • 4 credits
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy and Physiology I • 4 credits
- BIO 202 Human Anatomy and Physiology II • 4 credits
- BIO 205 Microbiology • 4 credits
- CHM 130 Fundamental Chemistry • 4 credits
- ENL 101 College Composition I • 3 credits
You'll need a mathematics test score:
ASSET Elementary Algebra score of 41 - or - ACT Math score of 21 within one year prior to application to the Nursing Program.
NPC strongly recommends that you also complete the following general education requirements BEFORE applying to the program:
- ENL 102 College Composition II • 3 credits
- PSY 240 Developmental Psychology • 3 credits
PLUS, one of the following:
- ANT 102 Cultural Anthropology • 3 credits
- SOC 120 General Sociology • 3 credits