Library Catalog, use subject headings such as:
Drug therapy; Health surveys; Medical ethics; Nurse and patient; Nursing care plans; Patient care planning; Patient education; Pediatric nursing; Psychiatric nursing; Surgical nursing; search by specific diseases.
- Journal of Nursing Education (Access through NPC databases.)
- BMC Pharmacology & Toxicology (full text journal) from BioMed Central Free access.
- For Consumers from U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Free access.
Use the library databases in these categories:
- General/Multiple Topics
- Nursing /Health
- Medline Plus from National Library of Medicine - diseases, drugs, vitamins, treatments. Includes encyclopedia and dictionary.
- NCLEX practice exams
- PubMed from National Library of Medicine - full-text bio-medical and life science journal articles.
- Use Metalib for access to 53 federal databases.
- Go to Navajo County Library District, click on AZ Library: Free Research Databases on right side then Browse All Resources.
- Arizona Health Statistics from AZ Dept. of Health
- Atlas of Human Anatomy in Cross Section curated by Ronald Bergman
- Body Maps an interactive visual method to view anatomy from Healthlines
- Breastfeeding from Texas Tech University
- Clinical Trials.gov database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants conducted around the world
- Cochrane Collaboration access to abstracts of clinical evidence
- Controlled Substance Schedule from U.S. Dept. of Justice
- Diabetes in American Indians & Alaska Natives
- Environmental Health & Toxicology from the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- GeroNurseOnline from the American Nurses Association
- Glossary of Terms & Symbols used in Pharmacology from Boston University
- HCPCS & ICD Codes Free ICD-10-CM/PCS Codes
- Healthfinder from U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Healthy People 2020 from U.S. Dept. of Health
- History of Vaccines from The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Programs from U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Kaiser Family Foundation non-profit organization focusing on national health issues
- Medical Heritage Library is a source for digitized medical rare books with some video. The site is maintained by Internet Archive. The site is a collaboration of world medical libraries.
- Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report from U.S. Centers for Disease Control
- National Center for Health Statistics
- National Guideline Clearinghouse (Care Planning) from U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Nursing History & Health Care from University of Pennsylvania
- Nursing Shortage from American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Quick Health Data Online from the Office of Women's Health
- Rare Diseases Research Office from U.S. National Institutes of Health
- RWJF Datahub from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- ToxLearn (tutorial on toxicology) from National Library of Medicine
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository access to the Registry of Nursing Research database
- Visible Human Project from National Library of Medicine
- World Health News from Harvard School of Public Health (website no longer available)
Need Help? Click a button below to:
From your cellphone: Text a Librarian at (928) 351-4204. • Note: Your cellphone provider may charge for text usage.
Note: we will attempt to answer your questions as soon as possible during our hours of operation.
Call your nearest NPC Library or Center location
All Area Code (928)
|Hopi: 738-2265 / 524-7605||Kayenta: 697-8333 / 524-7648||Winslow: 289-6520|
|Holbrook: 524-7320||Snowflake/Taylor: 536-6220||Springerville/Eagar: 333-2498 / 524-7639|
|St. Johns: 337-4768 / 524-7616||Show Low: 532-6120||Whiteriver: 338-5185 / 524-7662|
|Search||Services||Course Reserves||Research Assistance||About the libraries|