- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Security+ and/or CISSP certification
- Three or more years of experience in computer science, management information systems, systems analysis or data security
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware
- Monitor protection console to ensure all clients are reporting in and have current definitions.
- Coordinate with Systems & Network Administrator to monitor and ensure all Windows clients and supported technology are receiving timely updates.
- Perform patch management and deploy non-Windows updates to clients (i.e. Adobe, Java updates).
- Investigate and respond to malware, reports (SIEM) and security alerts (IPS).
- Review FIM console to ensure all clients have a functional agent. Investigate clients with baseline variances.
- MDM agent installed and is assigned to the appropriate security policy.
- Provide assistance with PCI assessment and other security compliance audits.
- Assist in closing network security gaps when identified.
- Support company and IT security initiatives as defined by the IT Strategic Plan.
- Continue to develop security related knowledge by participating in users groups and by identifying, providing and attending relevant training sessions.
- Experience working with security architecture
- Experience maintaining Windows Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management software
- Three or more years of related experience in security administration.
- A working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, various OS administration, Cisco, LINUX Administration, SQL, Virtualization development and administration, experience with VMware software and Informix environments
- A working knowledge of Jenzabar CX, or similar ERP
- Knowledge of contemporary concepts and practices in the information systems operation of an institution of higher education.
- Experience with data reporting tools.
- Ensure implementation of security services
- Conduct policy audits
- Prepare, develop and maintain Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), web filtering, firewall evaluations and policies.
- Perform SQL Server administration and Windows Server administration
- Identify resources, hardware, and software requirements to support administration of Intrusion Awareness tools
- Operate in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment
- Obtain and deploy latest maintenance releases from vendor for all IPS/IDS, web filtering, firewalls and PKI management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in computer operations at an administrative level. Demonstrated understanding and ability to supervise employees, train users, and work with database systems. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong grasp of effective collaboration and teamwork. Understanding of general computer programming concepts in order to work with colleagues to be able to maintain and debug existing software. Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently in order to understand written and verbal information.
Required License/ Certification
Valid Arizona driver's license.
Security and Trust Requirements: Must not have felony convictions. Must not have any misdemeanor convictions related to fraud, trust, financial or information crimes.
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)