Non-exempt, Level II
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year grounds keeping experience.
- Maintains grounds in a clean and tidy, attractive condition.
- Operates grounds and landscaping equipment and tools.
- Prunes scrubs and trees.
- Maintains plants, flowers, etc.
- Prepares soil for seeding, or planting of new grass or plants;
- Weeds gardens, etc.
- Yard keeping chores, e.g. grass cutting, tree pruning/trimming, and watering as necessary to maintain the grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
- Reports major repairs and damaged property to the Director of Facilities.
- Maintains assigned equipment in good mechanical condition.
- Conducts program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair of buildings and grounds.
- Performs regular maintenance of buildings and grounds, and notifies appropriate supervisor of any problems.
- Maintains and repairs sprinkler and drip systems.
- Keeps grounds free of litter.
- Works with maintenance department during winter months in general maintenance work, repair, snow removal, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required License/ Certification
Valid Arizona driver's license
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)