Exempt, 9 months
Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work with at least 18 graduate credits in Psychology.
PhD in Psychology, and community college teaching experience.
- Teach courses in the Social and Behavioral Sciences curriculum, primarily psychology and human services.
- Teach a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester, at varied times and locations and using a variety of teaching delivery systems (including video, enhanced audio, online).
- Participate in the planning, development, and evaluation of curriculum, including assessment of student learning.
- Participate in the planning, coordination and organization of courses.
- Maintain accurate student records.
- Assist and comply with Records and Registration Office deadlines.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Plan, develop and evaluate curriculum.
- Plan, coordinate and organize courses and lab experiences.
- Serve on program Advisory Councils and Committees.
- Provide input for budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent teaching skills. Knowledge of curriculum development. Ability to establish sound pedagogy and cooperative working relationships in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Required License/ Certification
Valid Arizona driver's license
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)