Exempt, 9 months
- M.A. from a regionally accredited institution in English, Education, Reading, Mathematics, or related field, with training in basic skills instruction, tutoring, and 2 years teaching experience required.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Five years’ experience in K-12 and/or adult education community college teaching
- Experience in diverse cultural settings.
- Teach developmental courses in reading, writing, math, and study skills including literacy, ABE, HSE, college preparation, education transfer courses, and tutor preparation. Load equals 30 credit hours per academic year.
- Initiate and maintain community and in-house liaisons for student recruitment and retention.
- Assist with placement and registration of developmental students.
- Assist with on-going development of overall program and curriculum.
- Assume primary responsibility for on-going development and coordination of tutoring program.
- Utilize and manage technology-assisted instruction.
- Remain current in the subject matter areas and in the techniques of effective instruction.
- Manage site ABE scholarship, record keeping, and data collection.
- Provide instructional coaching for adjunct faculty and staff at home campus and at least one other site, as assigned.
- Mentor part-time and new faculty through professional learning.
- Attend meetings, workshops, training sessions, and conferences as required.
- Participate in college committees.
- Participate in Department of Education and other program-related committees.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent teaching skills.
- Knowledge of curriculum development.
- Ability to establish sound pedagogy and cooperative working relationships in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to develop and deliver coursework related to tutoring and education curriculum.
Required License/ Certification
Valid driver license required and ability to obtain Arizona Adult Education teaching certification upon start date.
- Forward a cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above)
- Résumé including dates of employment
- Copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted
- A list of five current professional references with contact information including phone numbers.
You may submit your application two ways:
- By postal mail to:
- By internet. Clicking on the "Submit Your Application Online" button to the right.
application materials. We accept PDF files and Word documents.
*** Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials
into the e-mail links on this site.***
Submission of ALL required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Human Resources: (928) 524-7473 or send an e-mail.
Please DO NOT COPY AND PASTE your application materials into the e-mail link above.
Northland Pioneer College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. District grievance procedures will be followed for compliance with Title IX and Section 504 requirements. The Affirmative Action Compliance Officer is the Director of Human Resources, 2251 E. Navajo Blvd., Holbrook, AZ 86025, (928) 524-7471. The Section 504 Compliance Officer is the Coordinator of Disability Resources and Access, 1001 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, (800) 266-7845. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Submit Your Job Application
Complete the biographical information, select an employment opportunity, and attach your cover letter, résumé, five references and transcripts or credentials as documents or Adobe PDFs. (Individual attachments cannot exceed 3 MB.)